The General basic objectives established by ASHEGUI reflect the needs which have been observed and communicated to the Association by its members. They are as follows:
- To encourage society in general and especially Institutions and Organizations involved with the needs and well being of Haemophiliacs, to understand just what problems haemophilia presents, from a medical point of view as well as a social, professional and educational one, so that adequate treatment can be obtained.
- To promote membership of the Association among those in Guipuzcoa having a deficiency of blood clotting factors as well as carriers and their offspring , hereby establishing a more permanent control of the group.
- To give adequate education to carriers and their families concerning the prevention of the illness, the treatment available and social, educational and professional capacitation.
- To help in the obtaining of collaboration with the Association of various different Institutions and Organizations such as: Specialized Medical Services, Teaching Centres, Professional Training Services, and any other enterprises in general that may be able to help us with the aims of the Association.
- To help haemophiliacs to solve specific problems concerning medical aid, education, advice/orientation concerning work and professional training.
- To inform society in general of what haemophilia is, hereby promoting the development of investigation programmes.
- To establish and maintain contact with other Regional, National and Foreign Associations similar to the Guipuzcoa Haemophilia Association, in order to exchange information and experiences.